This wholesome soup is loaded with a variety of vegetables, spices and herbs which your child needs post practice for recovery. This soup is also known as “anti-inflammatory soup”.
- Fresh peas – 1 cup
- Carrots (chopped) – 1 cup
- Potatoes (chopped) – ½ cup
- Small bay leaves – 2
- Ginger (chopped) – ½ inch coin size
- Water – 3 cups
- Lemon juice – 2 teaspoon
- Rock salt – 2 teaspoon
- Fresh peas – ½ cup
- Carrot (chopped/diced) – ½ cup
- Coriander (chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Cheese (grated) – 1 slice/paneer (grated) 1-2 small cubes
- Place the peas, carrots, potatoes, bay leaves, ginger and water into a pan, cover and cook on a low flame for about 15 minutes, until all vegetables are soft.
- Remove bay leaves from the pan.
- Using a hand blender, puree the vegetables till smooth. Strain the puree using a soup strainer and keep it aside.
- In a saucepan, add 1 teaspoon of ghee/butter. Pour in the puree into the pan and allow it to cook for some time.
- Once the soup is ready, add lemon juice, freshly chopped coriander and salt from the top and serve hot.
- Garnish the soup with grated cheese/paneer.